Friday, October 7, 2011

Cabaña en las montañas.

Cabin in the mountains.

That is where 7 of my friends and I headed last Saturday for an overnight stay in "la culata" or the valley of the chilly Andes. It is about an hour away from our homes here in Mérida, a perfect weekend getaway.


I found a bench and a good book...the only thing missing was my coffee (I DID ask at the front desk, it just wasn't exactly a luxury hotel...)


Blue Skies.


Hotel Princesa (the Princess Hotel) that owns the cabins.


Our neighboring cabin.

Last weekend's cabin adventure was beautiful and relaxing, but now that I'm on my semester break (as of today) I'm getting excited for a 5 day trip to the beach on the beautiful Caribbean! We leave tonight for Choroní, a town on the coast of Venezuela, and have an overnight busride that takes something like 16 hours. The buses here are notoriously cold, so I'm planning to pack my northface and wool socks so hopefully I can get some sleep. WIsh me luck!

The five day trip probably means soaking up a lot of sun, reading by the beach, eating fresh seafood, and maybe taking a boat ride or two to the neighboring islands...but it also may mean that there won't be another blog post for a while :) However, I assure you all that I'll be documenting my adventures diligently with my camera and my journal, so I'll have something good to post when I get home!

See you in 5 days, world!

2 comments:

  1. Oooooh the beach should be WONDERFUL!! It's been pretty nice here for this time of year in MN - it's 80° and sunny right now! Looking forward to a lake walk, and YES definitely coffee.

    ¡Te extraño mucho chiquitita!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO excited! 80° and sunny in MN? If I'm lucky it will be that nice in the Caribbean! Te extraño demasiado! :)

    ReplyDelete