Monday, October 3, 2011

Ice cream.



Ice cream. I am really missing the taste of those wonderful words in my mouth today. Well, not just the words...more specifically the taste of a double scoop of Sebastian Joe's raspberry chocolate chip in a sugar cone. Icecream cures everything. A stressful day, a disappointment, even missing a trolley on your way to school in the morning.

As you can probably tell, today
is
would be a good day for icecream therapy (if it existed here).

For now I'll just dream about a trip to Sebastian Joe's in December (no time is a bad time of year for icecream) and add a raspberry chocolate chip cone to my list of delicious treats to eat when I get home to Minneapolis.

Countdown: 2 months, 5 days.



http://sebastianjoesicecream.com/

4 comments:

  1. Two months is too long to wait for ice cream. Have you checked if this place is still open http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/8460094.stm ? Avocado ice cream isn't the same as Sebastian Joes but it might be better than no ice cream!

    All is well in Germany, just got back from Oktoberfest in Munich. Prost!
    Hugs from Kim and Sigmund

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friends have been there! One of them got icecream with plantains and beans...I'm not so sure how I feel about that! The place actually isn't far from my school. I am planning to get there sometime next week when I come home from my beach trip this weekend to Choroní (My semester break starts on Friday). I've heard the icecream here is less creamy and not as good as in the states (nothing compares to Sebastian Joe's anyway), but I want to try it nonetheless! I'll definitely do a post about my experience once I've visited.
    I hope you had a great time at Oktoberfest! That sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that two months is too long... not for ice cream but to see YOU!! Oh dear Lord I miss you chica. I promise that when you get back the two of us will bundle up in our winter wear and go sit by their fireplace with a two scooper.

    p.s. They have a seasonal flavor called "Peaces of the World" ... caramel ice cream, chocolate covered pretzels and chunks of soft caramel. Coma!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It IS too long! I miss you too, and that image of us bundled up with some icecream doesn't help. I can't wait for that!
    "Peaces of the World" sounds like heaven. WHY did you have to tell me about this? It's going straight on my list of things to eat when I get home. Yum :)

    ReplyDelete